The first Fan Filter Unit with a built-in brain.
The MAC 10® IQ is the world’s first smart fan filter unit.
With its microcomputer-controlled DC motor, the MAC 10® IQ
dynamically adjusts itself to maintain the set airflow, compensating
for changes in static pressure, filter loading or other local
conditions. Competitively priced, the MAC 10® IQ offers low sound,
low energy consumption, and a low profile with high performance and
built-in intelligent control. While Envirco® has introduced a
variety of proprietary products, one of its most successful
continues to be the MAC 10® family of fan filter units (FFUs).
MAC 10® FFUs are used worldwide for a variety of critical clean
air applications. The novel MAC 10® IQ FFU uses a combination of
DC motor technology with Envirco’s patented baffling system and
forward curve fan to make it intelligent and energy-efficient. This
unique combination takes advantage of Envirco’s expertise in FFUs and
energy efficiency of EC motors. The electronically commutative (EC)
motor with internal micro-computer provides low energy consumption
(235 W @ 90 fpm (0.45 m/s)), high performance and long motor life.
The IQ utilizes Envirco’s their unique baffling technology,
offering low sound levels that are a MAC 10® family benchmark.
Unlike conventional induction motors, the EC motor regulates itself by automatically adjusting its torque and speed. Each MAC 10®
IQ includes a visual control unit which provides a constant air volume of 250-660 CFM over a wide range of static pressure. The MAC
10® IQ maintains airflow so constantly and consistently that the need for future balancing is greatly reduced. The correlated velocity
feature of the visual control unit provides infinite control and fine tuning capabilities for each FFU. The MAC 10® IQ efficiently and
easily maintains set clean room airflow velocities that meet IEST Recommended Practices. With its unique constant airflow feature,
the MAC 10® IQ is also an ideal component for mini-environments.
- EC brushless DC motor with internal microprocessor.
- Visual Control Unit: Constant airflow over a wide range of external static pressures.
- Low power consumption at 235 watts.
- Low sound at only 48 dBA.
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) UL 900 Filter: 99.99% @ 0.3 micron.
- Forward-curved centrifugal-type fan.
- Walkable plenum (excluding prefilter), rated to 250 lbs.
- Snap-in Prefilter: No tools required for easy replacement and maintenance.
- Mill finished aluminum exterior.
- Tested to IEST recomended RPC standards.
- UL listed (120V, 240V, 277V) with standard UL 900 filter.
- Room-Side Replacement (RSR) available with gel seal filter element; filter is replacement from the room side.
- RSRE provides filter and motor/blower assembly replacement from the room side.
- Controls systems available.
- Duct Collar 10” (254 mm) and 12” (305 mm): Allows direct connection to the air conditioning supply.
- CE Marked: 230V units available.
- Ultra-low penetration air filter (ULPA): 99.9995% @ 0.12 micron (U15).
- PTFE boron-free ULPA filter.
- Fluorescent Light: Provides illumination with minimal airflow disruption.
- Ion Bar: Neutralizes static charges below the filter. (Universal voltage power supply required.)
- Finish: Powder coat painted or stainless steel.
- 3/8” Challenge Ports: Offers convenient aerosol challenge and HEPA filter testing.
- 3/4” Knife Edge: Permits easy placement in gel track ceiling grid systems (available on RSR and RSRE units only).
- Custom sizes and configurations available; perfect for mini-environment applications.
- Metric sizes available.
Other Related Products
For additional information, please contact your local representative.
SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITHOUT INCURRING LIABILITY FOR MODIFICATIONS TO EQUIPMENT PREVIOUSLY SOLD.